Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mixed Nuts

I bought this big can of mixed nuts at the drug store near work (
¥880). On the front it says, "Crown nuts and fruit - Mixed Nuts - Delicious...Any Time - Crown Foods Co. Ltd. Yokohama." That's the only English on the package. I can't even figure out how much it's supposed to weigh. The selection of nuts is wild: two kinds of peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews, corn nuts, garbonzo beans, and pistacios IN THE SHELL. It's like they put land mines in there to make sure you're looking at what you're eating before you put it in your mouth.

I'm enjoying them with my Eco Choco. I haven't yet found top-notch chocolate here, but this one's not bad. The only thing I can decipher from its package is that it's Rainforest Alliance Certified and bitter. I wouldn't have called it bitter, just moderately dark. The other dark chocolate I tried, "Meiji Black," is dark in color but sweet. It's excellent in my oatmeal.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I would be loyal only to that brand of canned nut. I'm always in the mood for ironic groceries. I buy a store brand dish soap that's labeled Non-Ultra. I'm sure someday that I'll show up and it'll be called "Original" instead.

    ReplyDelete