Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bang!

I had a car accident yesterday. Some guy turned right right in front of me. He couldn't see me coming because of small trucks going my way waiting to turn right. I slammed on the brakes, but couldn't stop. Scraped my bumper pretty good and damaged the corner of his bumper.
He was a friendly retired guy, but he didn't speak a word of English. We babbled at each other for a while, and I called the folks at work to bail me out. Takamura-san and Ishikawa-san came to where I was. They arrived not long after the police.
I don't really know what the police thought about the accident. They told me to drive slower and Takamura-san said everything was alright.
Ironically, I was only driving the car to work that day to return it to the rental company for its annual inspection. So, I had to get a new car anyway. I joked that I didn't have to tell my wife, since I would be driving a new car home, anyway. But, I called her and told her the story. She told Dante, and he asked, "Is Papa going to jail?" I think he was rather hopeful that I would go to jail - I'm not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment