Saturday, February 6, 2010

Supper

In Japan, there are lots of prepared foods you can buy to eat at home. I often don't know whether you can get take-out at restaurants, but all groceries have take-out choices, and there are hordes of bento box and other take-out food stalls near the station.
I bought this stuff at a store that specializes in rolls (maki, I guess). All I could determine about these two big rolls was that they didn't have anything gross-looking sticking out the ends and one said, "mayonaise". One of them turned out to have fish eggs, so I skipped that one. On the left are rice cakes (nigiri) - these ones weren't particularly good - some of the packaged ones at the combini (convenience store) are better. The box in the middle had three inarizushi-like tofu-scum pockets filled with rice and stuff. One had ground meat, one had eggy bits, and one had tuna.
On the left you can see my sake. Vicky's tipple in the black cup is Australian Syrah.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment